Removing some services...?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dja2k, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Does anyone know how to remove some services that got left over after uninstalling a pci card? I removed my leadtek wintv 2000\xp by uninstalling all four devices from the device manager and removing its associated software, but the event viewer still shows errors where windows still wanted to start those devices even though they are removed.

dja2k

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

using regedit, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Yeah kinda figured that and hidden devices under device manager, but I can't seem to find exactly what file it is trying to run. Example would be WinFast TV2000 XP WDM TVTuner service like it specifies under the event log entry. Now what exact service name is associated with that, well that , who knows. While we are on the subject on services, do you know what Perfnet is? I keep getting an error where that is trying to open server service, which I have disabled.

dja2k

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

perfnet is related to performance counters, which i dont their function, but maybe this link has some explanation if any. anyways to overcome ur problem, one solution is to run Exctrlst.exe and disable performance counters.

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks and yes that did help. I disabled them now. That problem at least is gone.

dja2k

6. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

7. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

That was very helpful Franklin....I didn't find my actual problem, but did notice some nasty stuff left over from previous uninstalls.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.