Removing previous AV

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by davidje14, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidje14

davidje14 Registered Member

I cannot remove my current av software to install nod32. My av was not on the av removal tool list supplied by ESET. It is "The Shield Deluxe 2008". I used the "Windows installer clean up wizard" to uninstall it. Windows says it is uninstalled, but all the files remain on my computer. I went ahead with the nod32 install anyway, because the shield delux was disabled. It seemed to work fine accept my internet no longer worked. It still did not work when I disabled nod32. It did work when I uninstalled nod32.

So... can I completely remove The Shield Deluxe,
    and.. Install nod32 and have a functioning internet? :blink:

2. piranha

piranha Registered Member

have a look in your firewall for the internet bug

for your AV, my opinion....

uninstalled nod32

re-install your previous AV and reboot

uninstalled your previous AV with its uninstaller

make a registry cleaning, and why not a cleanup with windows installer cleanup wizard, and reboot

re-install nod32 and pray

If it doesnt work because of your previous AV, contact tech support and ask help to uninstalled it correctly

3. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

4. davidje14

davidje14 Registered Member

Okay, I was able to completely uninstall The Shield Antivirus, I also completely uninstalled the shield firewall. I reinstalled Nod32 and have the same problem, no internet. Even when I disable Nod32 my Internet still does not work. Only after uninstalling Nod32 was I able to go online and post this message. Well, that's one way to be safe from viruses, not allow any internet traffic at all LOL.

5. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Use at your own risk. Make a backup of your PC then;

Remove NOD32. Reboot. Log in and Reboot again so the Non PNP drivers get removed.

After the second reboot, go to CMD.EXE and run

netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot.

Re install Nod32. Reboot.

Your winsock LSP catalog is messed up. This will restore it. Don't skip the extra reboot steps. I list them because they take care of rare problems that can occur. You probably still have your old antivirus registered as an LSP. If you have any other 3rd party LSP's they will be removed too. This would be conflicting adware/spyware software for example

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.