Removing Malware From Quarantine

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Holden4th, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holden4th

Holden4th Registered Member

Eset has quarantined a few files that it couldn't clean and some of these go back to the beginning of the year. When I open the Quarantine box I am given the option of, and I quote, Add, Restore or Remove. Now semantics worry me. If I choose Remove, am I removing them from quarantine (and therefore releasing them into my system) or am I deleting the files permanently which is what I want to do? When I choose Remove the dialogue box says "Do you really want to remove the file from quarantine?" This is a confusing question.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Ok, for better understanding of the meaning I've changed the message to "Do you really want to permanently delete selected files in quarantine?" Hopefully it's self-explanatory now :)

3. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

another disturbing thing - if your license is to expire soon, you get an orange notification with alert - Access to files, email and Internet is not secured. Thats simply not true. Why should i not be secured if i've got a valid license for 14 more days?! Can you fix this alert also?

example:
    [img=http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/5900/53275984my3.th.png]

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hopefully you will use the warning to remind yourself to re-register and go right to the ESET site and renew your subscription. So although you're right, it won't be 14 days after all. ;)

5. nonoise

i knew i should take another screenshot before posting :). screenshot was taken a week ago, ignore the dates, its MAXIMUM PROTECTION IS NOT ENSURED warning thats bothering me.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Unfortunately, the current version does not distinguish between different states when complete protection may not be ensured. As of the next major update, we'll use a different message in this case.

7. nonoise

thanks Marcos

8. Holden4th

Holden4th Registered Member

Marcos, thank you for that. I now know that I can delete these files. YOur prompt response is appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.