Removing infiltrations

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Minerone, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minerone

Minerone Registered Member

Completed a scan with NOD 32 and got "Number of infiltrations 6" What do I do with this? Is it serious? If I have to remove them, how do I do it?

I've been unable to find answers to these questions after a lot of searching. Hope you can help

2. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume you ran the scan in "scan-only" mode, ie. without cleaning. If you are positive this is not the case, please copy & paste the log details here.

4. Minerone

@marcos

Not sure what you mean by 'without cleaning" I did s a custom scan of all local drives

5. Minerone

@siljaline

I'm not sure what I have to do in step 3 of the article "Run system restore in safe mode" Is this to make a restore point or to actually restore to a previous date.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I meant this box which must remain unticked if you want to clean found threats:

Attached Files:

• scan.png
      scan.png
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
  7. Minerone

@Marcos

Yes, I left the box uinticked

8. Minerone

@siljaline

Completed all the steps and my system is now all clear. I also checked the logs and found the 2 infiltrations were in the Java cache.

I use Genie 9 Timeline 2012 for my computer backup which is stored on a separate drive. The 2 infiltrations were on this drive so I permanently deleted them as there were only on the backup.

I cleared my java cache and checked if these 2 files were still present on my C drive and they weren't. Everything seems OK now.

Many thanks for your info and instructions which helped my to clear this problem.

9. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

Glad to have been of some help. Also see: Ensure your scan set-up and targets are correctly configured

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.