remove site and want to reinstate

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by John, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John Registered Member

Good Morning
    I am a newbie and I just installed mru blaster. Now my problem is in my haste I deleted Yahoo from installing cookies and now I cannot access my e-mail. How can I undo this problem. I have searched all over for a fix. No help pages added to your page..
    Thanks
    John

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You used the Cookie Blaster plug-in, and forgot to add the Yahoo cookie to the ignore list?

Well then most likely, that cookie is gone. :doubt: If you didn't select the "secure delete" option, there is a possibility the file could be recovered with a utility like PC Inspector File Recovery, but if you checked the secure delete option, it is gone for good (which is what the secure delete option is meant to do).

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

HI John.

Welcome to the forums. :)

Yes, if you used MRU Blaster with cookie removal plug-in enabled it is gone. THAT's its job!

But I don't understand why you still can't get your email. I presume you had it set to log-in automatically. Like as in you had a "Favourite" set up which would take you to the page automatically by-passing the log-in section.

All you have to do is to log-in/password again to create a new cookie then add that to the ignore list. [Also recreate a new favourite to be on the safe side if that is what you did].

It's no big problem if cookie deleted or not, as long as you know the UserName/Password unless there is more to Yahoo than I know, I have never used it.

Cookies are simply pointers to help get to a site quicker but can be deleted/recreated all the time.

Cheers, TAS

4. John

John Registered Member

Good Morning
    I have tried to log onto Yahoo. They will let me into their home page but not into my Yahoo or e-mail. I did use my name and correct pass word.They come up telling me that a cookie has to be added. I guess that I will have to enter it into a new file to get at e-mail.thanks for your help.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.