Remove outdated clients from Remote Administrator Console?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by djmojo21, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djmojo21

djmojo21 Registered Member

I am an ESET novice. What is the process for removing outdated, disconnected clients from Remote Administrator Console? Some of these clients are no longer on the network, and many are remnants of a previous computer name. We are attempting to ascertain how many true licenses are being used.

I was able to push an uninstall to clients that were still on the network, but have not been able to figure out how to remove clients that ESET RAC cannot contact. I have verified licenses are being used by clients that have not contacted the server in 2 months or more.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

-Kevin

ESET RAC v4
    Clients: 4.2.64 or 4.2.67

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In the advanced ERA Server setup, you can change the default value of "Delete clients not connected for the last (base value)" from 6 to a different number as well as "Delete clients base value" from "Months" to "Days".

3. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Also, if there are clients which you know are definitely no longer connecting, just press the delete key.

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Instead of automatically purging them, I made a parametric group that collects clients that haven't connected in 2+ months and then use that to manually verify if the system was decommissioned or if something is wrong and it needs a spot check. Works pretty well for me.

Keep in mind that the ERAS uses a polling methodology where clients voluntarily report their status on an interval you specify. It cannot tell if a client is uninstalled, isolated from the network, or simply powered off. Because of that, you need to think about how you want to maintain those records as the default "6 months delete old clients" schedule might not work best in your case.

5. djmojo21

djmojo21 Registered Member

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.