Remove file(s) from quarantine Failed and other probs.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Binoy, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binoy

Binoy Registered Member

1. Removing file(s) from quarantine failed...

Guys i know this question is frequently asked here, but the probs is that i have done many things explained here, started the machine in safe mode and deleted the contents in C:/Documents and Settings/../Quarantine. But the problem exists...
    There are some files which cannot be removed and at the same time other files can be removed. why is it so?
    I am attaching the quarantine files of my computer here.

Quarantine.gif

2. Win32/Conficker.X worm... Nod always detects this virus and quarantines it. But the probs is that even though this virus is quarantined after some times it will again detects the same virus from the same location. i.e. this virus is repeatedly detecting this virus. why is it so?

Please through some light on this...

Thanks in advance...:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, it looks like the file with information about quarantined items got corrupt. In safe mode, delete the content of the following folders:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Quarantine"
    "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Quarantine"

2, please follow the instructions for removing Conficker and preventing further infections mentioned in this blog.

3. Binoy

Binoy Registered Member

Thanks @Marcos... it worked fine, the prob was i didn't delete the \LocalService\Quarantine.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.