removal!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

hello. a friend completely hashed removing eset, lost all network, internet etc. i did a repair, removed via the start menu. rebooted. checked eset program files and data folder had gone (they had) and deleted eset from current user and local machine in reg edit.
    all's great except no other firewall will install? device manager, hidden shows no clues. tried re installing motherboard and network driver, no good?
    i then tried to install a third party firewall on my pc, i had eset installed before current set up, and mine will not either?
    i can only use eset or windows?
    the eset one fills up with incorrect tcp messages when i play any on line game, so im happy with windows.
    both pc's are 64 bit win 7.
    im guessing this is a self defense/ uninstall mess.
    and ideas? im leaving mine as is, but friend is for some reason insisting on 2 way firewall.
    and would like to know why i recommended something that seems to have hosed their set up.
    done all the usual flushing and resetting of winsock and dns.

2. Sariel Fallen

Sariel Fallen Registered Member

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

cheers guys,I am re-installing, just cant find what this software is breaking. i did try the removal tool and have searched extensively for left overs but cannot find anything!

5. Proximm

Proximm Registered Member

Did you used ESETUninstaller.exe with switch "/reinst" for Windows 7?

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i don't believe i did, it was months ago though. been using windows firewall since, it was only when i tried to install a third party firewall after trying to sort my mates problems i realised something was wrong.
    anyway re-install on mates and repair install here all sorted now.
    thanks anyway.
    22 months of license lost but live and learn i suppose!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.