Removal of ESET Online Scanner

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by ottoru34, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ottoru34

ottoru34 Registered Member

I ran ESET's Online Scanner earlier today on a Win98SE machine meeting the stated minimum requirements. It was interrupted after running 90min by one of those lovely 'IE has to close, you will lose your work, check this box if you want to restart IE' windows. I'm happy to forgo the scanner -- but I want to remove all traces of it. All that I've noticed is a folder under Program Files named EsetOnlineScanner, sized 9.78MB, with eight files and a subfolder named nup, sized 10.2MB, with 18 files.

If I delete these will I have completely removed the scanner?

Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Uninstall it from the Control Panel

Check for any traces regarding "ESET" or "ESET Online scanner" in C:\Program files\ and C:\Windows\System32\

3. ottoru34

ottoru34 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Just as you suggested, there was an item for the scanner under Add/Remove Programs. Removing got rid of the items I had cited (including the folders) -- and there were no others under C:\Windows.

Clearly ESET wrote a very well-behaved program. I should have expected that (blush).

Thanks again!

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.