Removable Media Scan...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chelios, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chelios

chelios Registered Member

Hello,

Posted this last week but never had a response so hoping maybe this time I'll get lucky ;)

I'll try to be brief... am wondering about the NOD32 disable removable media option. The question I have is, if I set block the removable media source from accessing my computer, can I still scan the removable media for virus and spyware activity in the locked mode?
    Reason I ask is my former computer was terribly infected by *something* and there was no recovery, NOD32 failed to stop the invasion. Tried every thing for months only to subsequently purchase a new machine (the other was 13 years old, but i digress).
    I removed the 4 HDD's from the other machine which contain my entire computer life on them and need to move the data ti my new machine via a USB HDD enclosure. As you may imagine I am afraid to connect these drives to this new machine for fear of infection.

So, can I scan removable media while the "block removable media" media is checked?

My current system is WIN 7 x64 running x64 Nod32 and the previous infected system is XP pro 32 bit running NOD32.

Thanks so much for any input.

Best regards,

C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.