Remotely disable client

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by mcnealp, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcnealp

mcnealp Registered Member

We have a client computer that is attached to our RA server that needs to be disabled. I would like to prevent it from updating and from contacting the RA.

I have tried deleting the username and password/ RA settings in a config that I pushed out to the client, but it is still connecting/updating. Am I doing something wrong?

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

To stop the client from updating from the ESET RA Server, you need to remove the 'Update server' address in there. Take out your server information and change it back to Choose Automatically.

To stop the client from reporting back, you need to disable the 'Connect to remote administrator server' feature.

I'm assuming that you can know where these items are located in the ESET configuration editor window. If not, let me know and I will post the steps.

Not sure what your purpose is for doing the above, but just a FYI, you can also choose to do a push uninstall of the software if that's something you wanted to just remove the software from that machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.