Remote Disabling of Protection Items

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gwlong, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwlong

gwlong Registered Member

Hello,

I've observed over a few weeks that I continue to find 4 restricted area protection items disabled after connecting to the internet/AOL 9.0. These items are

COOLWEBSEARCH (484) i-lookup.com
    COOLWEBSEARCH (982) teensguru.com
    OFFSHORE CLICKS offshoreclicks.com
    XXXTOOLBAR xxxtoolbar.com

I reselect them only to find that they've yet again been disabled. This has occurred a dozen times.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks,

Gary

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Gary, ;)

Welcome to Wilders' ;)

Are you using a anti-spy program with a scanning engine? Has it been finding entries in regards to what you have mention? Sometimes some anti-spy apps produce false positive ... and report and the delete Spyware Blaster Kill Bits.

If this doesn't apply at all, You could post a Hijack Log and have the experts look at it as a precautionary measure. If you would like to post a log, please follow the instructions below.

Please follow these instructions by LWM Posting a Hijack This Log

Then start a "new" thread in the Hijack forum - Here Please be patient as many of the experts live in different time zones, but someone will address your log shortly. ;)

In the mean time you might be interested to read this - How did I get infected in the first place?

dog - *puppy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.