Remote backup problem, can't connect

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by PatrikLarsson, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrikLarsson

PatrikLarsson Registered Member

Hi!
    I recently sold 9 licenses of ATI ws(newest build, downloaded yersterday) to a costumer and i'm now doing the install, which has to be done in two days. I've successfully installed the ATI agent on 8 of 9 machines(couldn't connect to one) from the management console, installed group server och management console on their windows 2003 server. The images will be stored on a NAS.
    However all of the clients show the state "inaccessible" which worries me a bit.
    Also i created a group task and tried to execute it but it instantly gives me the error "Failed to run the task on computer.." error code 0x2C0000.
    I've openen 9876 TCP/UDP and 9877 UDP, file and printer sharing, and turned off simple file sharing on the clients(XP pro SP2 and 3) - all according to the user guide.
    The server doesn't have a software firewall of any kind and the hardware firewall have no LAN-to-LAN restrictions.
    IT is a workgroup, not domain, environment but all the client computers and the server have an identical backup account(full administrator rights).
    It is clearly a connectivity issue.. but where? how?
    Any ideas?
    Are there any ports that should be opened or services that should be run/stopped that was forgotten in the user guide?

2. chpr

chpr Registered Member

Hi,

i have an resamble problem. I have also downloaded the ATI Server an WS Built 8115 yesterday. I have no problems with agent installations on Server or Workstation. I can additional start my scheduled task on all systems but most client show me th state "inaccessible" in my GroupServer management console.

3. PatrikLarsson

PatrikLarsson Registered Member

Well, i dunno why, but now it looks like this:

One of the client show up as unmanaged though it has the agent installed, configed just as the other clients. One show up inaccessable.

Two of the ones that shows as Ready gives an error if trying to start a task - and i have to say, the error information is not very explanatory.
    For one of those clients i got the backup working one time which is very strange, cause now it refuses.
    Wake on Lan works but the backup never starts, and nothing show in the event logs of client even though i enabled it and told it to log all events.

So basically the connectivity is very sporadic and i can't really see a system.
    Does Acronis have compatibility issues with any usual software?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello PatrikLarsson and chpr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify if you followed the "Best Practices" guide here? If yes, could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post from Acronis Group Server computer and one of the problem agent computers.

Please collect Acronis Group Server logs which are located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\GroupServer\Logs.

Please also create a screenshot of Acronis Group Server window.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.