Remote Administrator - Client List

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by JaapHoetmer, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaapHoetmer

JaapHoetmer Registered Member

I am having issues understanding how the client search list is populated.

I have a couple of machines I want to push the installation to, but they simply do not appear on that list. However, if I look in the search progress window while the search is running, they do show. It looks as if they are eventually filtered out based on a duplicate IP address, as they are using the same IP address as systems that previously had those DHCP-assigned addres - but the lease has probably expired.

How can I force the systems that I do want to install to show up, against those that have invalid IP addresses still allocated in the list, if that is the reason that they do not show?

The file attached shows two examples of machines that do show in AD, but do not show in the resulting list. But their IP addresses show up at other machines.

Hope this makes sense to someone?

Thanks, cheers, Jaap

Attached Files:

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

There are a couple of things you can try for "deconfliction" of the reused IP addresses:
    1. Enable MAC Address Renaming in ESET Remote Administrator, which should cause the invalid IP entries to disappear. Instructions on how to do this can be found in ESET Knowledgebase Article #707, "Why do some clients appear twice in the ESET Remote Administrator Console?"
    2. Deploy to the specific workstations by specifying a range or custom list of IP addresses. This can be done by following the instructions in ESET Knowledgebase Article #2693, "I cannot see client workstations in the Remote Install section of the ESET Remote Administrator Console"
    Those are the two most common solutions to this kind of issue, but if they don't solve it, than it could be an issue with network topology or some other variable. If that seems to be the case, I would suggest getting in touch with ESET's Swiss distributor. Contact information can be found here on ESET's support site.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.