Released Sandboxie Plus (Sbie fork) Versions with Signed Driver

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by DavidXanatos, Dec 7, 2020.

1. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Firefox 84.0 + Plus 0.5.1...okay, for me.
    png_8282.png

2. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

Yes that's correct, also the Plus package still brings the SbieCtrl.exe with it so when you want to use the old UI or booth in paralel you can.

A note on general compatibility: which one UI you use should have no affect on the applications running sandboxed.

3. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

SandMan.exe doesn't retain its own interface settings and shows up at startup, is there a way to stop showing its interface at startup?

4. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

Please check that the " -autorun" switch ins specified in the autorun entry in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run", "SandboxiePlus_AutoRun"
    if its missing the " -autorun" than it will start not minimized.
    Alternatively unchecking, applying, checking and applying again the autostart checkbox in the gui should fix the issue as well

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Hi David (and anyone else who wants to answer some questions.)
    First I uninstalled 5.45. I said I didn't want to keep anything, program files settings etc.
    I rebooted and the Sbie folder was still there with these 2 files in it. Can you make an uninstaller which will remove everything when requested to do so?
    Screenshot 2020-12-16 102820.jpg
    Then I ran the Plus installer. WiseVector fought me all the way :D I reported as a false positives and also excluded them.
    Screenshot 2020-12-16 102820.jpg Screenshot 2020-12-16 104223.jpg

Plus never told me to reboot after install which would have helped a bit with starting my browsers Sandboxed (Vivaldi and Edge) They wouldn't until after a reboot.
    It took me a little while to work out that after I had managed to have a default box that I had to right-click on it in the GUI in order to get options for recovering files etc.
    One thing I cannot make work is right-clicking on default box, selecting Sandbox options, Stop Behaviour and adding Vivaldi as a leader program. It won't stay there!! Also you cannot browse to it from the choice indicator.

How do I get the default box to empty on close of browser?

6. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

@stapp I think the SboxHostDll.dll was already left behind by the original sohops version, but the sys file is probably my fault, I'll fix the installer for the next release.

7. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

8. Vikterola62

Vikterola62 Registered Member

Thanks David, the autostart checkbox in the gui and then re-apply solution worked for the minimized startup Sandman.
    SB Plus is very excellent indeed. I did not have enough courage to be an early adopter, but now there's no looking
    back to the classic version for me.

9. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Thanks. I'll check that later.

What about lost settings? If I change its size or move it or sorting sandboxes or hiding columns, etc, those changes are lost.

10. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

They shouldn't be I'll test than and if fix what I can find.

11. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

it seams the lingering mechanism fails when you for example choose the run cmd.exe option or one of the preset values instead of runnign through start.exe
    Checking lingering/leader seams to be saved properly in the ini though and not being reset.

"choice indicator" o_O

upload_2020-12-16_14-20-50.png

On my tests the columns and sorting in the main view were saved.
    Does this only occur between reboots? Try closing the UI from the tray and re starting to see if than it works fine.

12. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

@DavidXanatos
    In 5.45 when I go to do the Stop leader programs Vivaldi is offered as a choice because I've used the browser and Sbie must sense it so I just click on it.
    With Plus there is no program suggestions and when I click 'apply' any item I have entered disappears.
    The choice indicator is what the arrow is pointing to :)
    I found the auto delete setting but it doesn't empty the sandbox (probably because of Vivaldi I think which is why I want stop program to work)
    Screenshot 2020-12-16 133635.jpg

13. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Q: Is the Plus UI 0.5.1 > Start with Windows supposed to toggle Task Manager SandBox Manager to Disabled?
    My Plus UI starts with Windows - Plus UI box Start with Windows not tick'd. I need to toggle SandBox Manager Disabled thru Task Manager to stop Plus UI starting with Windows.
    png_8289.png png_8291.png

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  14. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

oh I see
    i tought you mean the settings from the context menu in the main box/process tree
    i can confirm that its broken in the settings will fix that asap.

that checkboxin the sandman settings sould add/remove the attostart entry in registry

15. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thank you for confirming.
    At the moment I get this when I right-click on default box in GUI and select 'delete content'
    Screenshot 2020-12-16 140426.jpg

16. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

does it happen only with that box?
    or with any?

17. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I only use default box at the moment. I've only had Plus installed a few hours and am still trying to find out how things work :)

18. Freki123

Freki123 Registered Member

@DavidXanatos Any tip for the resizing? post #139
    I think I found a spelling error. "selected"

Untitled - Copy.jpg

So far all working great. Thanks

Edit: Thanks for the answer bjm_ still got resizing not realy working for me permanently.

19. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

Yes, Plus UI 'Start with Windows' checkbox does add/remove registry key ....but, appears to add second SandBox Manager entry with Task Manager?
    png_8299.png
    png_8298.png
    Maybe, Task Manger needs refresh.
    Just seems like I need to disable Plus UI startup thru Task Manager.
    Maybe, my CCleaner > Tools > Startup or other utility is bumping Plus UI 'Start with Windows' checkbox.
    IDK....maybe, operator error. I'll monitor.
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  20. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

OK thanks, I will check it out on Win 10. I must say the GUI looks pretty cool, that's why I wanted to check it out. BTW, what do you think about adding an "auto-sandbox" option to both SBIE Plus and SBIE Classic? With that I mean that you could assign certain folders, and whenver you run a .exe file from this folder, apps will be auto-sandboxed in a certain sandbox that you can assign.

21. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

How would that be different from the forced folders feature? I think what you are asking for is already there called forced folders.

22. reincarnatez

reincarnatez Registered Member

That is already built in to Sandboxie, and has been there for quite some time. If you looked through the Sandbox options (Right click on DefaultBox for example, and click Sandbox Options), there is a tab labeled "Forced Programs". From there, you can either add a specific program, or a whole folder, and anything that is listed will be forced to run inside of your selected sandbox.

23. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

LOL good point. :p

I requested this feature way back, so I think I got confused. I guess what I'm asking for is an "auto-sandbox" feature that will sandbox apps no matter where you run them from. So if you want to you could temporary enable this feature or keep it enabled all of the time and then it will work about the same as Comodo. Of course you should always exclude C:\Windows in order to avoid problems.

24. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos Developer

I don't know how comodo works but as far as I understand what you are asking for is already covered by the forced programs and foced folders feature

25. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Screenshot 2020-12-16 181614.jpg
    With another box the sandbox empties when the browser (Chromium Edge) closes.
    Doesn't work for the default box using Vivaldi.

Is there a special way to select where you want the downloads to go to in Plus?
    I select this from Options.. File Recovery which I have always done (I delete the other choices in the window)
    But my downloads do not go anywhere when the Sandbox is deleted ... they just disappear :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.