Release Notes for This Release of Windows Vista SP1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

very true.. i dont/wouldnt/wont ever want to run vista anyway.. :argh:
    its windows ME all over again:isay:

nice to see its availiable though for those unfortunate enough to be stuck with vista

2. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008
    Brief Description
    The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is designed to help corporate IT professionals customize and deploy the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 family of operation systems.

Overview
    The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is designed to help corporate IT professionals customize and deploy the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 family of operation systems. By using Windows AIK, you can perform unattended Windows installations, capture Windows images with ImageX, and create Windows PE images.

This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista License Terms.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-d890-4932-81a5-5b50c657de08&DisplayLang=en

3. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Hi lodore, haven't really noticed anything yet except for file transfers being faster. Plus you have to give Vista a couple of days to "settle down" (indexing and defragging) before you start seeing any improvements. I have been busy setting my computers back up and I just replaced my antique wireless router (b) someone gave me with a modern one (b,g,N). Plus it has been hectic at work lately.

The SP1 I have downloaded has sparked a debate on Neowin if the build is really RTM or not. The registry entry shows "6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840" which is exactly the same build number as Windows Server 2008 RTM. Since SP1 and WS2k8 were developed together MS kept the build numbers the same from my understanding. I have a gut feeling that this IS RTM. Seems like I vaguely remember going through something similar when XP SP1 RTM came out (seems like eons ago, lol). If I am wrong I just have to do what I am doing now over again o_O

The download link I used is now dead. During the time I was downloading it I was getting only 20-50kps as the server was being hammered at the time. It took me 4 hours to download it at work. I did see MajorGeeks have the RTM download but it is over 1 GB which means it must has both 32 and 64 bit editions combined (the download link I used had seperate links).

I am pretty sure more links will show up, you just have to look around in computer forums. The same thing happened with XP SP1 and SP2 in the past.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have full vista rtm install dvd with integrated sp1.. just formated and reinstalled reactivated and i have full rtm sp1 version. this vista install even says service pack 1 during the vista installation.. work awesome. much faster and responsive.

ill be uploading this for those that need it.. this is simply only for those who have a legit copy and i will not be providing any way to bypass/ activate you must use your purchased vista key during install. this version does not allow a upgrade to be done it is for fresh install only..

5. NICK ADSL UK

As i have stated in my post above it's best to wait until Microsoft are ready to post this link for the general public. Major geeks had to withdraw there build as it was posted in error. There are also other sites that have taken this build down overnight sighting the same reason as major geeks. The vista service pack 1 is not genuinely available at this time and downloading it from a unauthorized site could lead to your operating system not working

6. zfactor

you know if you do the reg entry via update thing you actually will get the most current what is known as rtm build...i just tried it on one of our systems and i got the same version as was posted as being "rtm" not the older one.. also there are actually vista discs with sp1 fully integrated already. they are available if you know where to look and they are not hacked versions.. these are the full rtm install discs.. i tried one to see and they work perfectly..

7. NICK ADSL UK

Notable changes in Windows Vista SP1

Brief Description
    Notable changes in Windows Vista SP1

Overview
    This document provides more detail about the notable changes made to Windows Vista in Service Pack 1, which were focused on addressing specific reliability, performance, and compatibility issues, supporting new types of hardware, and adding support for several emerging standards.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...1b-c81a-41be-b1f5-66e615ba5912&DisplayLang=en

8. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Nick, I understand your concern. I do know about dealing with beta OSs and RCs which can involve some peril. I got a stack of "Whistler"s and XP SP1 and SP2 betas CDs in my desk, lol.

But still the same I am getting a good vibe on this one ;)

9. zfactor

i am running the same build now and i have to say its awesome..

10. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

And the million dollar question:

Is build 6001.18000.080118-1840 really RTM?

This question is on numerous forums and all the answers have only made me uncertain.

11. zfactor

well the full iso ms disc that has sp1 integrated has the same build number...

12. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

13. lodore

lodore Registered Member

nice is anyone here a msdn subscriber?
    if not i may have to be extra nice to my tutor:D
    i belive my tutor is a msdn subscriber.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  14. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I am a MSDN subscriber, so I am waiting eagerly for the full ISO image :D :D

Be reminded that it is not possible to create a slipstreamed installation of Windows Vista with SP1 image.

http://blogs.technet.com/kevinremde/

15. zfactor

yes but they do offer a full vista install disc with sp1 already integrated directly from microsoft.. its not slipstreamed but it is built that way from microsoft.

16. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, that's why I am waiting for the full ISO image with SP1 already integrated :D

17. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

18. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Vista with SP1 integrated x86 full DVD image (Eng & Japanese) now in MSDN & TechNet download :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.