Rekonq - Rather Nice

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Ocky, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

First time I tried it out in Kubuntu 11.10. To my mind its most striking feature is that this browser plays all media I throw at it.
    For instance it will play any iTunes (Apple) trailers whereas both Opera and Firefox have since recently given up on that site and will no longer play the trailers. Strange because Rekonq uses the same mozilla plugins folder when searching for plugins as far as I know. (Chrome & Seamonkey also don't play those trailers).
    On BBC I simply had to change the user agent to IE 7 and all played smoothly. The UA options from the Tools menu are very good to have so close to hand. See image.
    Being new to Rekonq there is one thing that bothers me. I don't know how to bookmark several opened tabs to a folder so that I can later open that folder in tabs. Any ideas ?
    Java does not seem to be supported yet.

rekonq.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Its quick, loads quick and runs almost all the website Chome runs, it hardly ever crashes and the system load is quite low. Rendering is quite fast as well.

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

linuxforall, any ideas on the above ?

With me it only 'crashes' after having used Web Inspector and then quitting Rekonq.

Also, fine for general browsing but not for secure sites. Clicking on the padlock>cert. details will sometimes show the details of
    the previous secure site visited. See image.
    So, a very nice secondary/tertiary browser. Looking forward to the next version.

rekonq cert. mix up.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  4. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Ocky, I use Chakra which has the latest rekong and on my Standard Charted bank site I face no such issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.