Reinstall problems/ no logs?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Tuggboat, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuggboat

Tuggboat Registered Member

I've recently uninstalled and reinstalled most of my security software. I'm looking for a rootkit, all I can see going on is a broadcast to a couple dozen I.P's but I haven't been able to turn up anything with icesword or rootkitrevealer.

Because of my suspicions I took out anything playing around with the kernal, process guard and regdefend and things with hidden files nod32, outpost firewall.

Anyhow, when I reinstalled my whole regdefend tab doesn't work. It looks like it defends changes and keeps some statistics on read writes and alerts. The configuration button works. It says I'm still registered but when I go to that tab the mode says alerts, the next slots empty ,the month says january 2006 but nothing else.

I don't think I uninstalled the old version before I updated to the new one. but I think its uninstalled now. I still have the directory and its logs but not much else seems to be there.

2. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

others are experiencing the same problem with the logs, since 1/01/06..

look at the thread, ""2006 bug?"

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=113716

imo, it is just a minor bug.. you can get the logs to display by fooling around with the log settings, but you have to do that again every time that you reboot..

otherwise, regdefend still seems to be functioning properly..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.