Reinstall Of FD-ISR

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by stapp, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

After being without FD for 6 weeks or more Raxco contacted me and gave me a download of the latest build. My previous one was the 173 build and the 202 patch.

Have just reinstalled and made my first snapshot - 21 errors. I have sent a log back to them. I was so hoping it all worked, I REALLY want to use it again.

As far as I could see the errors were all about setting the short file name (whatever that is)

I had on install turned off sys restore and changed to the RSS copy engine. Now as I cannot use the program again at present I have turned sys restore back on.

Perhaps I may be better just using the old build and putting up with the mixed up log entries that patch 202 fixed.

I will see what Raxco say.

I am so disappointed :'(

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hang in there and work with them. The leapfrog folks will find a solution. Both of the problems I found took multiple back and forths of tests to fix. With your help, they will solve the problem.

Pete

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I have had a total of 6 emails from Raxco this afternoon plus a new copy engine to try.

I tried it, it works, no errors so far :)

4. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Thats good to hear. Hopefully it is all over now.

5. Peter2150

This is great news on multiple fronts.

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Yes as it shows to me anyway that Raxco is back on track with their support. Also that they are committed to helping users get the most from the software.

It has been like putting on a comfortable pair of shoes.

There is always a buzz on forums...try this app..try this one it's the best ever, and sometimes you almost get convinced that if you don't join in and use, you are somehow a second-rate computer user!!

FD gives me the ability to have a look at the latest must have software without feeling I have to get dragged in. I can just look for my own sake, then throw away when I have seen what it is all about.

I have been having a look at K-melon this morning, and cannot tell you how nice it was to be able to use FDISR again when I had seen what I wanted to know.

Of course I am willing to accept that there are good new softwares around. I really like Sandboxie and always use it for when I am online.

All I have to do now is to get an external snapshot organised and I am back to where I was before "the problem".

7. Peter2150

FDISR is kind of like an old pair of slippers.:D :D

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Plus they always fit comfortably as snug as a bug in the rug. :D

I can't thank Leapfrog, Todd and Team enough. Also most honorable mention to Dallen for bringing it to my attention in the first place, then ErikAlbert & Peter2150 along with all the other members who engaged this app in discussion and took it to severe task resulting in total satisfaction.

This program is the absolute "da' bomb" as they like to say. It gives me the best feeling of safety i have ever experienced from one app even compared to my imaging apps!

BOTH archiving/snapshots are very thorough and always return 100% intact and the system loses no pep whatsoever. For heaven's sake, the Copy/Update from modified snapshots to archives speed is blinding! :eek:

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Although FDISR is pretty good, I don't see any reason to adore this software. Many other Immediate System Recovery softwares do the same job.
    FDISR is supposed to save your system, that's the nature of this software. Acronis True Image saved me also many times and ShadowProtect will save me also many times in the future. That's their job, just like a text processor does its job.

10. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Well, it hasn't been that long ago you were singing mightier-than-i praises to take the roof off over FD-ISR, but you are probably sick of it by now and thats your perogative.

I know what i been thru over the years courtesy microsoft's buggy code in other O/S's along with errors, bluescreens etc. where the entire system was totally ruined and only reinstalling was the alternative.

By the way, perhaps you care to share with the rest of us these "other" so called apps that are as efficient and reliable as FD-ISR and it's snapshots/archives.

In the meantime i don't have a problem singing it's tune till the cows come home because for me it is that and everything plus more.

I never experienced 100% reliability and consistency of this nature in any app like this in my life and i wouldn't want to be without it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.