ReHIPS

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by MrBrian, May 24, 2014.

1. imuade

imuade Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification :)
    I'm much more convinced that this process filtering is the real strength of ReHIPS, the isolation feature is a great add-on in case of doubts.
    I'll definitely try this configuration when I have time (well, when my wife gives me time :p ):

2. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

ReHIPS is not over-the-top paranoid about scripts, vulnerable processes, etc. It's not as paranoid as all those advanced settings in OSArmor, or the full Excubits list. It is rather designed on the assumption that the user will isolate commonly abused applications, and it has rules that are strict enough to keep everything else safe.

3. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

It also does not install dirty kernel hooks, so it should not decrease stability of a system. It's especially important with nowadays Windows as a service/rolling-release model.
    It is also not cloud-connected, so it should respect your privacy.

4. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

Right, it is compatible with Core Isolation, due to your first point, and it is completely independent of internet connection, due to your second point. It doesn't check your licence by internet every X number of days, or anything else.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.