ReHIPS

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by MrBrian, May 24, 2014.

1. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

But he's the CEO of ReCrypt. What he says always has weight.

But I'm hoping that they will sort out any issues, whether in the team, the server, or anything that prevents ReHIPS from being released. :)

2. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

Done. I'm in again :D

3. The Count

The Count Registered Member

Alternatives to ReCrypt other than SBIE for windows?

4. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

Shade Sandbox. :)

5. guest

guest Guest

yep but don't expect much granularity.

and don't forget Comodo :p

6. The Count

The Count Registered Member

Can I use it at the same time as SBIE or Comodo? Conflicts?

7. guest

guest Guest

There is no point doing this, Sandboxie and Comodo does was Shade does, consider Shade as a no brainer "install & forget" sandbox, while comodo or Sbie are more customizable and complex.

8. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

9. guest

guest Guest

So? you didn't invest in it, right? and you even have a working beta demo at disposal to play and learn. Beta that is considered by closed beta tester and devs as "quasi-stable". I won't use on my main machine if i considered it flawed.
    NVT ERP last stable was in 2014, development totally stopped in 2015, so REHIPS delays isn't so bad right? :)
    Better late with few minor bugs , than too early and full of issues. Btw, unlike other softs, the actual beta of ReHIPS didn't get broken by the transition to Win10 CU.

10. clubhouse1

"coming very soon" So over a year and Rehips 2.2.0 isn't yet released...I assume that they're having difficulty getting a working software for the masses, and a few MINOR bugs haven't been solved in the time of that statement?

Perhaps they should change the statement?

11. guest

guest Guest

For your info, the latest beta is RC4 and supposed to be the latest before stable.

It is quite workable in fact, there was some internal issues not related to the software that gave some delays.
    What also gives delays are some reports given by testers, they need to be reproducible, analyzed and eventually fixed (or not) for the stable, based on the importance.
    The fact that the dev is willing to test almost immediately any issues/incompatibilities on the fly is a double-edge blade: it benefit the user but slow the development as well.
    As a user, i rather wait a bit longer than using a version that need fixes every week.

12. clubhouse1

In that case why don't they release it, why are they stalling..Even MBAM produce a "working" V3 every 4-6 weeks...Would be nice if the DEVELOPER could add some news for those of us that aren't a member of the esteemed beta club:isay:

13. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes, I've also lost interest, not that I was planning to use it anyway. I'm more into isolation based on virtualization.

14. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Eh Clubhouse and Rasheed, have you guys tried it? It might not be your cup of tea, but it is indeed stable. I know that because I've tried it.

15. clubhouse1

The fact that 2.2.0 isn't available and only available as beta to those that asked to be beta tester paints a different picture, if it was stable I would imagine the developers would be keen to offer it to a larger market.

Don't get me wrong, its obvious its not ready for public release but the developers should give a updated "coming soon"

16. guest

guest Guest

The public free beta demo (with limits) is out since months, you just have to request it. If you want the full version asap , you can already buy it (by contacting the dev on the forum) but you will use the beta.
    Polishing the apps , fixing last minute issues, updating the rules because MS decided to release CU, all those can take time for a small team. ReHIPS isn't Invincea or MBAM or Avast with tons of cash flowing.

17. guest

guest Guest

For those interested , the latest RC (RC4) is considered as a stable "enough" version by the devs in term of security and design. What would be added in the incoming stable release will be some more whitelisted applications in the initial rules pack.
    If huge bugs are discovered , just report it and a fix will be issued quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  18. guest

guest Guest

19. guest

guest Guest

Good news for those interested by ReHIPS , the v2.2.0 stable is ready, it will be delivered publicly very soon ;)

20. WildByDesign

WildByDesign Registered Member

This is good news. I am certainly curious to test this out and dig deep. I assume that there will be a limited free version (demo?) and a paid/licenced version, is this correct?

21. clubhouse1

Boeing make 12 787 dreamliners every month:p

Looking forward to trying it:thumb:

"Today the most active of our beta-testers received 1-year license for the new ReHIPS version ".....Do you get the tee-shirt?

22. guest

guest Guest

really? i didn't get one, surely SHvFI is the winner , he is the most active :p

23. guest

guest Guest

:argh:

24. guest

guest Guest

As expected :thumb:

25. boredog

boredog Registered Member

So after looking at their page it appears there never has been a released version of ReHIPS. It has always beta?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.