ReHIPS

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by MrBrian, May 24, 2014.

1. guest

guest Guest

Changelog of ReHIPS RC4 (from RC3)

2. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

I haven't had ReHIPS on my secondary machine for a while, but thinking of playing with it again.
    Last I had was RC2. Will it auto-update, else where can I find latest RC4?

3. guest

guest Guest

No auto-updates.
    On their forum, ask Fixer for it , originally those builds are only for closed beta testers, but since it is supposed to be the last one before stable, you should try get it. Mention RC4.

there the link for requesting the demo : https://forum.re-crypt.com/index.php/topic,2263.0.html

Clean install is required.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017
  4. paulderdash

Thanks @guest. Have asked Fixer for it.

5. guest

guest Guest

@paulderdash got the confirmation, all demos requests will get RC4 , the devs considers it stable enough to deploy it as a public build. Just be sure to read the threads in their forum to get latest observations and to post issues you may have.

6. paulderdash

Yes, I got the link 5 minutes later :thumb:. Will read the forum threads, and refamiliarise.

7. guest

guest Guest

At the moment there is a problem with the Forum - "Database Error". I will try it again later

8. guest

guest Guest

@mood The forum works well , im on it at the moment.

9. paulderdash

Yes, working here.

10. guest

guest Guest

Ok, tried a different browser and now it works :)
    ...but then again a "Database error"
    ReHIPS_Database_error.png
    Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

11. oZone

oZone Registered Member

RC4 is great I got it one week ago, the option that you can have lockdown mode when you close GUI is cool

12. oZone

oZone Registered Member

ok it's not week maybe 5 days

in file name is RC4_infinity so I think it is RC4

fixer also said that stable build will be based on this build

13. oZone

oZone Registered Member

I will ask fixer for it later
    but is there some major change between infinity and prosperity

14. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I think I know why I couldn't post this image initially. See here - Test Forum - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/testing-image-post.392411/

I had to access in "Recent documents', and then copy and paste to Desktop. Then I could post image in a Wilders' thread.

P.S. ReHips had isolated it from it's normal > C:\Users\Owner

15. guest

guest Guest

Yes if you try post a pix (located in your real system) with a browser isolated via ReHIPS , you have to allow (if not yet ) the Isolation Environment (IE) to access the folder containing the pix. This can be done by setting it.

16. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Too technical for a simple user, like me. I need explicit instruction in how to do that. :)

17. guest

guest Guest

@Tarnak I know, we gave them tons of usability advices/suggestions; if you came at previous versions you would burn your brain lol.
    The devs are paranoids against infections , they want the best security possible for their products, even if they have to postpone the sales for months. They won't release a buggy/vulnerable product to the public to get cash faster.
    It seems complicated but once you get the hand on how work an IE , it is quite easy, you have lot lot of control; it is why i like it a lot.

The devs of ReHIPS are very understanding and very willing to help their users. They will always respond.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2017
  18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

@guest I guess this is similar to Sandboxie, or not. BTW, I have never tried Sandboxie, so I might be barking up the wrong tree. I like to understand the complexity behind a software, but for a person of my vintage, it probably is too late, to understand how it works, i.e. ReHips.

19. guest

guest Guest

@Tarnak On ReHIPS' forum, i made a thread pointing the basic visible differences : https://forum.re-crypt.com/index.php/topic,2433.0.html

To explain simply, ReHIPS uses highly restricted user profiles for each Isolated Environment (one environment could be a single program) materialized in virtual desktops , Sandboxie isolate everything inside a container.

You have lot of infos and explanations from the devs by reading the help file and their post on their forum.

20. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

@guest Thanks for that link... I see it is into 3 pages long, now. I will try to devote some time to read it, and hopefully learn from it, all about how ReHips works/functions. It is the understanding, that takes time to seep into my old brain. ;) Where is the help file? Is it accessed via ReHips GUI?

21. guest

guest Guest

yes, the interrogation mark on top of the window, and you will get more practical infos by reading the forum.

22. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

:thumb: Thanks.

23. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

At the moment, I have ReHips disabled. Now, so quiet is my stytem and no drama. :)

24. guest

guest Guest

25. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

They say there are no dumb questions, just dumb users. I must display that characteristic when it comes to trying to get my head around using Rehips. :) :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.