Regseeker ,can i delete this?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tjera, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjera

tjera Registered Member

I am having a problem with Microsoft Office.I wanted to update it,when the update finnished and the installation started it asked me for windows office 2003 cd,which i dont have,so i pressed cancel.Now when i try to open any excel or word files i can't do that ,cause when i click enter that installation window opens so i click cancel.
    Any sugestion of what should i do?
    Heres what regseeker found with name recovery which is related to my problem i belive,anyone now what can i delete to solve that problem:
    http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/5662/regseekerresultsbq7.jpg

2. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Before trying to open any of your personal files, click on Help and then on Detect & Repair; hopefully that won't request the CD and will clear-up your problem.

If that doesn't work, you can try cleaning everything that Regseeker found, but not being a Regseeker user, I don't know if it backs up the registry before doing its thing. If not, be sure to do that with some other utility before cleaning your registry!

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

regseeker backsup before it does anything. there's something in the left corner of the screenshot which says it will make a backup too.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Why not just try 'Restore' to an earlier time!...

Cochise.

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Curious why you don't have the CD's I've had both OEM and retail versions, and they always came with CD's. You may end up needing them.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

If I update MS Office 2000 Pro, I also need my two original CD's. If you don't have these CD's you better don't update MS Office.
    I assume that tjera installed MS Office with borrowed CD's and that's the price you have to pay, if you don't pay. :D

8. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Remember that RegSeeker is very aggressive and this should not be used by beginners. This registry cleaner should be meant to be used only by experts and those who has good knowledge bout the registry. :cautious:

Better use TuneUp Utilities, Registry Mechanic or the free one EasyCleaner v2. They are safe than RegSeeker and I think safer than other registry cleaners out there. :cool:

9. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I have Ouppost pro 4.0 firewall. Regseeker is green flaging HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Agnitum
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/microsoft/WINDOWS/CURRENT VERSION/Uninstall/Agnitum outpost firewall pro
    And one other Outpost entry, I put them on the exclution list.

I use Tuneup Utilities it does a better job than Regseeker, more thorough. I also use regseeker and Ccleaner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.