REGRUN -recommendation

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hurricanetracker, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurricanetracker

Hurricanetracker Registered Member

I don't do this often but here goes :

Everybody should buy regrun gold

I'll explain what happened and why I think regrun is the best :

Yesterday , I encountered a nasty problem when logging into Windows XP - with whatever account , by the way - the login sequence went smoothly up to the point where the desktop and startbar should have loaded .

This didn't happen , however . All I got was the desktop - wallpaper .
    Apparently the shell was corrupted or damaged so I couldn't boot in safe mode either . Again : this on all accounts - including the administrator - account .

Windows repair installation was no good either , so I was stuck .

Then I checked to see if "task-manager " was still working and it was . I clicked "applications " -tab and " new task " . Then I typed "explorer.exe " in the field appearing . I ended up in windows - explorer as a result .

I proceeded to the install directory of regrun and double clicked the regrun .exe ( to open the control center ) and let it analyze the startup-sequence .

Regrun immediately noticed the shell was altered - don't know how and why yet , need to find out - and asked me if I'd like to revert to "default-shell " .

I clicked yes and restarted windows . This procedure repaired ALL . Desktop reappeared as well as all documents and settings for every acount .

If ever there was a "thumbs-up - situation " for a piece of software : this was it .

I'm in no way afffiliated with GREATIS-software , but read the review ( I think on this very site ) and decided to try it . After a couple of days I purchased it and now I'm glad I did so .

This is an absolute

corker of a program

In short : if you want to have a program which pretty much secures your windows environment from these kinds of " disasters " , purchase REGRUN .

This is the first time I'm endorsing software , how did I do ??
    :)

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Pretty good, I immediately purchased it :lol

no , I have it too, It is a great piece of app with weekly updates. it has saved my windows several times too lol