RegRun Gold NIVA, WinPatrol & WormGuard

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoErgoSum, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

I am presently considering the purchase of RegRun Gold NIVA. Does anyone know if RRG will conflict with WinPatrol and Worm Guard as they all overlap to some degree? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated concerning this matter.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am running RegRun Gold with all my security software. RegRun Registry Protection does overlap a bit, but its not bad as RegRun is set to check the registry every 1 minute. Its like a second change to change your decision when you allow a registry change in RegDefend or other registry protection. As far as RegRun Gold goes, it has other features that are worth running, like the RunGuard, which might conflict and\or overlap with WormGuard, not sure, don't use WormGuard. I don't think you will need WinPatrol running active if you run RegRun Gold, but that is only my opinion. I don't use WinPatrol anymore as I have purchased Online Armor instead. I like the RegRun Gold Secure Start feature which prevents system file hijacking and the ability to change them back to normal during startup. Hope that helps a little.

dja2k

3. c0ltran3

c0ltran3 Registered Member

I had never had any problems using RegRun with WormGuard.

4. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Thanks dja2k and c0ltran3 for the advice.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.