RegRun Gold NIVA 4.1 & My Security Setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CogitoErgoSum, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

I am seriously considering the purchase of RegRun Gold NIVA 4.1. I am wondering if RRG will compliment and enhance my current security setup which includes the following:

UnHackMe
    Look'n'Stop
    Counterspy
    TrojanHunter
    Task Catcher
    WinPatrol
    NOD32
    WormGuard
    SpywareBlaster
    Harden-It
    Samurai
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    Ad-Aware SE

I would greatly appreciate any comments or advice to this matter.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

since u already have wormguard and winpatrol, i think regdefend would a better choice as it provides less overlap than regrun ss.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

That may be changing soon, RR also does a lot more than RegDefend. RR's Start Control, Anti-Spyware, application database, infection detector (virus and trojan), file protection, etc., are all indespensible IMO, and are in active development. Sometimes I forget that RR is security software because it's very useful on a day-to-day basis if you like to play with software.

If you get RR, though, there really wouldn't be much point in keeping WinPatrol, though, it does the same things and a lot more.

4. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Thanks WSFuser and Notok for the advice.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Would Regrun Gold be a suitable replacement for active guard security tools like Spysweeper or Ewido? I have ProcessGuard, DrWEB and a Linksys router and can always add Look N Stop firewall.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

regrun doesnt use definitions like spy sweeper and ewido so i wouldnt replace them. also consdier that all three cover different areas. which software u need to run as active or on-demand is up to u and ur needs.

7. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Understandable, I am looking for ways to minimize the number of guards I have running and yet be supremely secure. I think I may look into Online Armor...thanks...:cool:

8. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

I have made a system registry backup about 5-6 month ago with RegRun Gold NIVA and decided to restore it yesterday, so I did and when I restarted my computer would not restart. Does anybody know what is the deal? I run Win. XP Pro with SP2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.