Registry scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stijnson, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stijnson

Stijnson Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if NOD v2.7 scans the registry during a in-depth scan and if the registry is protected during normal computer use (on-access)? I read that NOD32 is memory resident, but I'm not quite sure how to interpret that term.
    Does the new 3.0 version also protect the registry against threats?
    I hope that someone can help me answer these questions.

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

version 3.x include registry cleaning but AFAIK version 2.x dont have that...
    if you ask about registry protection then you talk about HIPS and Eset didnt implement HIPS on their product (yet...)

3. Stijnson

But NOD32 (both 2.7 and 3.0) DOES actively protect me from any threat (virus/spyware) that tries to lodge itself on my computer?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes, the both do

5. Stijnson

A member of the Dutch NOD32 helpdesk assured me that both v2.7 and v3.0 scan the registry during an in-depth scan and that NOD32 actively protects the registry. I assume that he is right (why would he state this otherwise).
    Can anyone else confirm this?

6. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Hi Stijnson,

If they will give you a link to where this information is published and you post it here that might confirm it - otherwise no.

Cheers :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  7. Stijnson

Hmmm, not very reassuring...I always thought that all AV programs scan the registry for threats...
    I'll mail the Dutch helpdesk again and see if they can provide a link of some sort.

8. Stijnson

I got a reaction from the Dutch helpdesk today -:)

They state that all versions of NOD32 scan the registry by means of AMON. AMON continiously monitors all files for malware that wants to do harm to the system (including the registry).

So, in short, no 'special' registry scanning, but the registry is protected by the heuristic capabilities of NOD32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.