Registry Purify

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABee

ABee Registered Member

I think I understand the thrust of your post and don't specifically disagree, though I will take exception to two comments:

The only folks I've ever referred to as "little people" are either dwarves or midgets.

I do not feel that because a person is not computer literate that it makes them worthy of hate.

2. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

No little people do exist in pc world. They can be described with many terms, one of them being potential customers for whatever. In this context they are the group who have no clue about pc or software and no intention of learning just basics either. They are being tricked but are more acting stupid than being victims. Could with little effort have been prevented. In many cases I would think you can track this click,click behavior and lust for easy magical solutions back to what I called bundle mess. Not much to do about it other than recognize that some people ask to be taken advantage of and once that is picked up by marketing the show is on. This program is just one out of many.

Saying "oh but you cannot expect little people to grow up because this is so technical, boring too!" is BS. Informing correctly, avoid spreading year old nonsense goes a long way. Marketing, like most download sites, have a different view on this. Their message is way more appealing and adjusted to the group who absolutely prefer min. personal effort. Any doubts and hints this might not be a good solution and just a little risky are wiped away. What marketing is good at. They practically don't have to do anything other than go click,click. Hmmmm, ok lets try :) I don't know what is worse, an unlucky registry program breaking Windows or a harmless/useless one that never fails and make user believe it is required to make Windows run smoothly.

The type of software, including certain websites, playing games with these little people and their plastic cards are worthy of hate was what I meant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.