Registry Entry And Avira Scan

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Graystoke, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hello. Can anyone tell me what this registry key is? I've run a search on Google, but being that I'm not an expert when it comes to registry entries, I can't make heads or tails of anything it shows. It even shows a direct link to the Avira forum, but that doesn't help either. I never was crazy about that forum.

HKey_Local_Machine\System\Controlset001\Enum\Root\System\0002\DeviseDesc.

The reason I ask is, I installed Avira PE Premium again, and this is where the Hidden Objects scan stops all the time. I would like to know what and why this registry entry causes me this problem.

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

As for the way you wrote that reg entry (...DeviseDesc) I found this link where it's apparently related to a printer driver manufactured by DEC Digital Equipment Corporation (linked to Compaq & HP). I never heard about it before.
    I guess you did your search for '..DeviceDesc'?

3. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Yeah I did. I have no idea why a driver related to my HP printer would cause the Avira hidden files scan to come to a complete halt. Besides, my HP drivers are up to date.

Why I keep trying to get Avira to work on my computer is beyond me. I have to stop trying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.