Registry Entry And Avira Scan

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Graystoke, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hello. Can anyone tell me what this registry key is? I've run a search on Google, but being that I'm not an expert when it comes to registry entries, I can't make heads or tails of anything it shows. It even shows a direct link to the Avira forum, but that doesn't help either. I never was crazy about that forum.

HKey_Local_Machine\System\Controlset001\Enum\Root\System\0002\DeviseDesc.

The reason I ask is, I installed Avira PE Premium again, and this is where the Hidden Objects scan stops all the time. I would like to know what and why this registry entry causes me this problem.

2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

As for the way you wrote that reg entry (...DeviseDesc) I found this link where it's apparently related to a printer driver manufactured by DEC Digital Equipment Corporation (linked to Compaq & HP). I never heard about it before.
    I guess you did your search for '..DeviceDesc'?

3. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Yeah I did. I have no idea why a driver related to my HP printer would cause the Avira hidden files scan to come to a complete halt. Besides, my HP drivers are up to date.

Why I keep trying to get Avira to work on my computer is beyond me. I have to stop trying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.