Registry color codes?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by allizomeniz, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I'm trying to change the background color in one of my applications but it doesn't have the exact color I want. When I change the color through the interface, there's a corresponding value in the registry that changes accordingly. But it's different from any other color codes I've used. It's not HTML, Hex, Delphi Hex, VB Hex, RGB or HSB. It can vary in length and I've seen it go as high as ten numbers. It's always numbers, no letters. Anyone know what it's called or if there's an online converter for it? The application doesn't use an .ini file so I'll have to change it in the registry.

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

It's quite likely just an RGBA code or similar expressed as a single 32 bit value.

3. allizomeniz

Thanks stackz. I'm not sure what it is but I found a workaround. Irfanview's .ini file uses the same values so I simply made Irfanview's background the color I wanted then copied the .ini value to the registy setting. Crude but effective. :D

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Out of curiosity I had a look at Irfanview's background color and how it's saved. It's just the RGB values saved as a single unsigned 32 bit integer.

5. allizomeniz

Hey stackz. In my Irfanviw .ini file, the value for background color is 5580553. In the interface, the values for RGB are 9 39 85 respectively. Are you saying 5580553 is a single unsigned 32 bit integer? What I'd like to be able to do is find a way to easily convert any RGB values, in this case the 9 39 85 to 5580553.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.