Registry Cleaners

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

o_O Good morning. Can u please recommend a good (v pref free!) registry cleaner utility? Also should u install more than 1? Many thanks & happy New Year! Deca

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  2. RegCleaner, RegSeeker, CCleaner, SmartBuster etc etc

you should have done this befre asking in a new thread though :)
    > https://www.wilderssecurity.com/search.php?f=48

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Well for a pretty good cleaner of registry plus Cache/Temp/History/MRU files, etc., you could use CrapCleaner.

I use it, very quick, plus it has a back up option, and every now and then I use my paid version of RegSupreme PRO which cleans out a lot more, but for a pretty reasonable clean go with CC.

Other will come in with their preferences of course. Just pick a couple to try! :cautious: :D

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Thread to look at: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=110455&highlight=registry+cleaner

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

• 082.GIF
      082.GIF
      File size:
      10.7 KB
      Views:
  4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I must agree & disagree. RegCleaner & RegSeeker are the 2 very best free registry cleaners. I'll try to soften my words here. I'd recommend staying AWAY from cc.

5. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

Excellent - Thank you all for your input & time! Deca;)

6. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Yes, I see some people have trouble with CC, but some also with RegSeeker and RegSupreme, etc.

It depends on one's OS and how something works for you or not.

fortunately [or lucky] I've never had trouble with CC.... but I can understand some advising to not use a certain app if they've had problems.

TAS

7. hadi

hadi Guest

Yes. It depends on the kind of programs installed. I have problems with all mentioned cleaners. Stay away from reg-cleaners if you have one of these
    Aplac, M$ Office 2003, Matlab, AutoCAD. I have found that most scientific programs DONOT like regcleaners. Ask a Universitiy staff to be sure.

8. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    EasyCleaner I think is one of the safest Registry cleaner and its free...;) just don't use the Duplicate file finder coz as they say it's dangerous. I only use the Registry cleaner and Unnecessary file finder features. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.