Registry Cleaners/Tweakers 2007

Discussion in 'polls' started by kof, Feb 3, 2007.

?

wich Registry Cleaner/Tweaker do you use?

1. Registry Healer

0.9%
  2. Registry First Aid

3.4%
  3. Registry TuneUp

0.6%
  4. Registry Clean Expert

0.3%
  5. Registry Repair

0.6%
  6. Registry Medic

0.9%
  7. Registry Washer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Registry Booster

1.6%
  9. TuneUp Utilities 2007

18.6%
  10. Registry Mechanic

7.5%
  11. Registry Cleaner

0.6%
  12. WinASO Registry Optimizer

1.2%
  13. AMUST Registry Cleaner

1.6%
  14. RegVac Registry Cleaner

2.5%
  15. jv16 PowerTools 2006/2007

22.7%
  16. RegSupreme Professional

8.4%
  17. TweakNow RegCleaner Standard (Free)

2.5%
  18. Reg Organizer

0.6%
  19. XP Repair Pro 2006

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. RegCure

1.2%
  21. CCleaner (Free)

37.9%
  22. RegSeeker (Free)

10.6%
  23. Ace Utilities

8.1%
  24. Wise Registry Cleaner (Free)

1.6%
  25. TweakNow RegCleaner Professional

0.3%
  26. EasyCleaner (Free)

6.2%
  27. RegDoctor

0.6%
  28. Error Doctor 2007

0.3%
  29. Other (?)

9.3%
  30. I don't use.

8.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

Window Washer has a new version 6.5, and it is Vista compatible. I have used it for some time, but it still needs improvements. Unfortunately, it seems to me that it runs a lot slower than 6.0 did on a Windows XP machine.

2. miekiemoes

miekiemoes Spyware Fighter

I don't use Registry Cleaners or Tweaking tools anymore. I had bad experiences with them and instead of cleaning/fixing and improving system performance, they damaged instead.
    Registry Cleaning won't improve system performance anyway - even a "heavily bloated" registry won't change much in system speed on XP/Vista - the only thing it will affect is the speed when you are actually looking in your registry.
    Tweak Tools - Oh well, how many do actually know what they exactly modify/disable? Using the "Fix it all" button and then complaining afterwards that this or that doesn't work anymore...?

Anyway, Registry Cleaners and Tweakers - only use if you know how to use it and know what you deleted/disabled.
    Just don't fix when it ain't broken.

Just my 2cts. :)

3. crash79`

crash79` Registered Member

I use Max Reg Cleaner

4. HURST

HURST Registered Member

I used to use RegSeeker, but I discovered that it messed some entries regarding adobe reader, and after that I cuoldn't update or uninstall adobe reader, not even in safe mode. Ended up formatting my drive, so I won't use regseeker again.

5. seekermeister

seekermeister Registered Member

I been using a reg cleaner called "Clean My PC" for about a year now, and haven't found anything to dislike about it. I chose it because at that time, it was the only cleaner that I could find that was compatable with X64, but it works fine on X32 also.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Just like TuneUp Utilities, "Clean My PC" has only one selection option to ignore/exclude registries : the one-by-one option, no random or "select all" option.
    99% of the registry cleaners have such poor selection options, because they're all so eager to remove as many registries as possible. :)

7. appster

appster Registered Member

CCleaner (free) or TuneUp Utilities (pay) are safe and effective for the novice, but the somewhat more complex jv16PT is (imho) tops for all reg/file cleaning (and searching) tasks.

The most effective (and safest) tweaker that I've found is the payware, XPSmoker and VistaSmoker (for XP and Vista respectively.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I think, I'm going to use "Eusing Registry Cleaner". It has bad selection options for ignoring registries, like all the other registry cleaners, but I like the way it looks and it has the possibility to ignore registries, some registry cleaners don't even have that feature.
    Safe or aggressive cleaning isn't important to me, because I keep my registry cleaner under control myself. I just need one to control "Total Uninstall", which doesn't remove everything according my recent experience.
    Is Eusing Registry Cleaner really freeware ? The downloading is free as always, but you have to buy it or am I wrong ?

9. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Yes it is freeware.

10. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

VCOM System Suite 4 has a fixer and a cleaner. That is what use. I don't mess much with the red stop signs. :blink:

11. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Been using RegSupreme (not Pro) since XP (now on Vista), recently added CCleaner as well.

12. GuyD

GuyD Registered Member

I've used jv16 for ages, but recently found out that RegistryFis is much better. Acording to some tests even second best, just behind another one I can't remeber the name of. Strange that RegistryFix isn't among the list.

13. Long View

Long View Registered Member

The $37 charge per pc might have something to do with it ?

14. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have been using Reg Supreme Pro for a few years and had the 1.4 version. I just checked their web site and discovered that they have a new version 1.7 now. I quickly downloaded it, and am pleasantly surprised. If any present users want to upgrade or any one else would like to try it go to:http://www.macecraft.com/regsupremepro/ and download it.

15. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

The update to the 1.7 version of RegSupreme fixed the issues I was having on Vista.

16. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

I have used many, although not all of the registry cleaners out there. One that I found to be highly usable, supports ignoring in mass quantity. performs backups and also displays all found registry entries in different safety categories/explains them is Registry First Aid Platinum. It also seems to be one of the most aggressive ones out there IF you choose to use it that way, otherwise it can be very carefull.

17. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Just started using registry shower, it came free with a recent pc magazine. So far it seems to be working well, it even comes with 3 inbuilt games to amuse yourself while it scans, frogger, tetris and duck hunt! :)

18. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

My favorites are;

Tune Up's OneclickMaintenance set to 'kick in' with screen-saver/idle. :thumb:

Reg Supreme PRO (more grunt than JV16).

CCleaner.

19. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner
    Registry Mechanic 6 (registered)

Somtimes also TweakNow RegCleaner Standard, if it's a particularly corrupted system.

20. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

RegSupreme Pro 1.7. It's the only one I found that doesn't touch things it shouldn't.

21. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Used Registry Mechanic last year until the subscription ran out then used Registry First Aid and it destroyed the registry, still waiting for a refund from Rosecity Software!!!

Been using C Cleaner but just looked again at Registry Mechanic - It found about 400 registry errors, of which I couldn't delete any on the trial.

Eusing, well started it, but have rolled back. Looking at the files it has called obsolete, I am concerned that some are not.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  22. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

What accounts for the popularity of CCleaner in the poll, other than the fact that it is free (as are some others)?

23. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Steve:

You could try Glary Utilities free version, its registry cleaner is above average and quite safe.

24. dNor

dNor Registered Member

On my laptop I now just use PerfectDisk RX Suite's registry cleaning. Not as powerful as others, but it's all I need for my laptop, and it includes all the other features of the suite.

BD Total Security 2008 also features a registry cleaner which I run sparingly.

25. Ghostcloak

Ghostcloak Registered Member

Tuneup Utilities 2007
    CC Cleaner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.