Registry changes

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by beethoven, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Started this new thread as I did not want to confuse the issues. Since receiving an alert about a possible trojan, I have been scanning my PC and trying to figure out whether or not my system has been compromised.
    Based on some advice on this forum I looked at my pc setup and realised that the normal log-on should not have administrator privileges. So, I have now changed this on the two PC in question.
    Can someone please confirm that a new alert appearing in the initial "dos-like scan" stating: a change has been detected in the autostart registry" would be caused by adding a new user to the PC as the default. This must be a pretty basic query :oops: but I would feel better knowing that this alert was caused by my own actions. I looked at the crl+A screen but the info there was too technical for me to draw any conclusions :doubt:

2. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

You're probably quite safe as the auto-start registry and options for administrative and limited accounts can be very different. I'd bet you'll not see anything untoward by keying Ctrl+A under your new account to have a look-see.

:-*

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

:D Thanks BourgePD - while looking at the crl+A does not enlighten me (too technical) it is good to have a confirmation that my changing the user set up will lead to auto start registry changes. :)

4. BourgePD

BourgePD Registered Member

You're welcome. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.