Registry Booster Questions..........

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bgfalconboy, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I tried their free scan and it found like 44 different stuff that supposedly didn't kneed to be on their , the trial version would only fix 15 errors. Is there a decent free registry cleaner software out there?

2. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ill second ccleaner and regseeker, though either one can be aggressive.

4. bgfalconboy

Okay , I needs some help on using these registry cleaners. After using Registry Booster's free scan and fix for only 15 errors, I noticed I could't get back on Firefox. I also noticed my zone alarm firewall icon in task bar was gone , so I just now went into programs and to get it to run then wen't to where you can edit the settings on what certain programs can access the net (such as allow,block, or ask) I noticed alot of programs were now given a ? sign or the ask setting. I had re-allow firefox from there and then bingo I had firefox back. I wanna know what did Registry Booster do to screw up Zone Alarm and Firefox from loading? Before that I had went into Registry Booster and did the restore funtion but that didn't do it and it was then I realized i didn't have the Zone Alarm icon in Taskbar and then did the appropriate investigation and found out the real problem.

Thanks for any help guys.

5. bgfalconboy

Thanks for the links, I just downloaded ccleaner. It seems like a straight forward and simple program. I for whatever reason can not get into there disscussion forum. Clicking on their forum link just gives me a small file to download , I did but did absolutly nothing , it didnt' help me get to the forum when I clicked it again and when I clicked on the file from my desktop it opened up a new tab (in Firefox) and it had a wierd name but nothing but blank page. Needless to say I'm quite befuddled.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

did u clear ur internet cache?
    try a different browser?
    make sure that no software (HOSTS or proxy) is blocking teh forum?

it works for me, so its probably on ur end.

7. joecohen

joecohen Registered Member

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, I will suggest u to avoid the so-called registry cleaning if u are not an expert.

9. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

Good advice.

Best thing IMO is leave it alone, if you have problems with software do repair installs (if you can't uninstall and reinstall). If your computer is still giving you a lot of problems then as a last result you can do a complete fresh install of your OS (again try a repair first).

If you want to purchase any software purchase Firstdefence-ISR. (Read more about using the search) this will make restoring your OS to it's installed state with a reboot if required.

Hope this help

10. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Something to remember : FirstDefence does not work with non-english windows

For me a free and reliable registry cleaner : Eusing Free Registry Cleaner

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.