regid.exe

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Rilla927, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Does anyone know exactly what this is? If it is a worm, nothing is detecting it. I can't verify what it is. If I were to put Worm Guard on my system, would it be able to stop it?

I just reformatted this computer four weeks ago and haven't finished installing all software. I would appreciate any info anyone has to share.

Thanks to all!

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi, Think this is a part of the Netsky worm, TDS3 has it on it's primary list.
    Please download the trial version of TDS3 from here: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/ Also get the thae latest radius file from here: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update and follow the manual installation instructions.
    When TDS3 is installed go to it's scan configuration and enable all the scans, in the configuration window select all physical drives and then scan.
    Please ensure that other resident scanners ar disabled to allow TDS3 to find the worm.

This scan is in depth and so will take a while to complete.

HTH Pilli

3. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Thanks, Pilli

you were absolutley right, it was Netsky Worm. I ran my PC Cillian 2005 AV, TDS-3, Adaware SE Prov1.06, Microsft AntiSpyware, Avast, Panda, Pest Patrol and none of them detected it, so I had no path to follow. I even down loaded Trend Micro Netsky Removal Tool and ran it, and nothing, I couldn't believe it. So I tried running AntiVi XP, a german program someone I know recommended it, (I hope I"m allowed to say this, I apologize if I'm not). Believe it or not it is the best AV I have come across and it's free.

It took two hours to scan and it found three infected files, two were in my Trend Micro programs folder and another was in a zip file, so I deleted the infected files and then reformatted once again. As of this point I'm ready to put WG,PG,PE,TDS-3 on my computer. TDS-3 and PG intimidate me. So, wish me luck!

I thank you for the promp response, you guy's are all great!
    Rilla927

4. dman69

dman69 Guest

Interesting... I tried to find the AntiVi XP .... couldn't ...

5. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, dman69

Here you go,which is not far as it is in the update forum :- AntiVir Personal Edition

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.