RegDefend Update...

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by dja2k, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Regdefend 2.001 just did an update right now and force to reboot. I noticed it clearned my user options and I see no change from the update. Kav 2006 beta caught the update as a virus mailer, which probably is false. Anyways, what did this update change?

dja2k

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

RegDefend v2.001 was released a few weeks ago, so it isn't quite "new". It fixed a few bugs, no major changes. :)

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thats not what I meant. I already had the newest RD 2.001 as of then. Today late afternoon, I got a popup saying there was an update and so I did it and rebooted. I didn't see any change after reboot only that my costum rules were erased. Also the fact that Kav 2006 caught the update as a virus mailer during the update, though I accepted it to update RD. So with that, why did RD do an update today that was fake and not really necessary?

dja2k

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi dja2k,

FWIW, I'm running RD on three machines, two of which are running 24/7, and have not seen any update alerts since the last release. Not much help for you...just what I see here.

Nick

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

With what I have been investigating, I noticed there is a bypass for the update by clicking the shift key. I don't know how and don't know why, but maybe I was pressing the shift key for some other program and regdefend was checking for an update at the exact time making the update bypass. I don't know what happened, just wanted to make it clear of why it did it and why I have to put my custom rules again.

dja2k

6. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Actually, that is probably what happened. I will fix the next version so it doesn't do this with automatic updates, only on button presses.

7. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Thanks Jason, just wanted to make sure what happened, thats all. Keep up the good work with RD.

dja2k

8. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

I think there might be a different glich than just the shift key. I got a popup that an update is available last Saturday. I clicked No because I was doing something else. A few minutes later I opened RD and did a check for update (NOT holding down the shift key) and it said one was available. I let it update and found no changes; however, it cleared out all my applications that were approved to do registry changes. It sounds to me like it might be on the server end.

This happened one other time shortly (3-4 days) after 2.001 was released and installed on my system.

Windows XP-SP2

9. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Yeah seemed to be the same thing that happened to me last night. It's no biggie for me to allow those programs back to my custom list anyways.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.