regdefend blocks it again

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by paperinik3, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperinik3

paperinik3 Registered Member

Sorry to bother you again, but regdefend is blocking again an allowed application (=PSTrayFactory). After Nick S had told me how to modify the rule everything seemed to go well for some time but now I'm getting again the messages : "regdefend blocked PSTray from modifying a protected ap-lication" and "Failed to set data for PSTrayFactory". The rule seems to me to be correctly written - why doesn't it work ? And why "Blocked - Auto User" ?I am attaching a screenshot. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

If you take a look at the bottom value it says "trayfactory" in your rule for the value it is "pstrayfactory" . So you'll need to modify your rule to account for this. One way to do this would be to remove the "ps" from your ALLOW rule.

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

yep, i saw that too.. the value in the always-allow rule does not match..

4. paperinik3

Yes - so it is, but the curious thing is that if in writing the permissions I did put the correct value (PSTrayfactory) as I did and as you can see in my screenshot - then why in the regdefend alerts appears (without any intervention from me) a mismatched value (trayfactory)?
    Anyway, I corrected the value as suggested by Jason and now, after 24 hours, it still works well...

5. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hi paperinik3,

Possibly you might have confused yourself with what the "VALUE" should be from the original alert. Either that, or maybe PS Tray Factory uses two unique values in the registry? Did you manually add the rule, or was it an "Auto Remember" rule made by clicking "always remember" on an alert?

If it was done from an Alert, then it might suggest PS Tray Factory uses two unique values in the same key, and that you will need to add both values to remove all alerts.

6. paperinik3

Hi Jason,

yes, I did add manually the rule (with the correct value). What can have happened to create the mismatch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.