Regarding Opera

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hossie, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hossie

hossie Registered Member

Is it advisable to use opera in Windows XP. Will it help me to search the internet faster.

2. Arup

Arup Guest

All I say is try it and also try out FF and be the judge for yourself, my personal take is Opera is smoother, faster, more configurable and safer than others, but thats a personal subjective opinion at the most.

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I can easily see an increase in speed when surfing with either Opera or Firefox on my pc.
    So that would be a Yes to your question :)

4. yahoo

yahoo Registered Member

Compared to IE, Opera is definitely faster and safer to use. As far as Opera vs Firefox, I agree with others that you need to try both and find your own preference.

5. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

After using the Yahoo!browser included in the SBC DSL package for a couple of years, I have finally switched to Firefox (1.07) and also Opera 8.5. In normal browsing and startup, I have observed a notable increase in speed using Opera - obviously subjective. Same for the speed of Thunderbird compared to Yahoo! Mail.

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.