Reg Mechanic

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rita, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hello everyone
    Is registry mechanic a good program or not?run the unregistered one and it found 182 errors only which 3 can be repaired.others have to use the paid version
    thanks
    rita

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

What does that tell you? You have to pay to clean all it found. I don't think so.I would be a bit leary of software that advertises like that Try running some other programs on trial and see if they come up with all of the 182 errors or if they do see if you have to pay to clean them.

bigc

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hey bigc
    thats what i figured but i wanted someone with more knowledge than me to confirm it and since you have i'm going to remove the prog
    thank you
    rita

4. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Rita, I have been using reg mechanic for a while now and haven't had a problem with what it fixes. When you buy it you have the option to delete what it finds or just delete the known programs that aren't on your computer. I did the run another reg cleaner to see if it has the same problems being shown in both test and ran regseeker and of course regseeker found more problems. The point to my rambling is that reg mechanic is a nice little program. It even backs up what it cleans and I did the old remove everything it finds and try to see if the back up works and it does.

5. x-man

x-man Guest

I agree with Notageek. It doesn't even sound like Bigc has even tried the program. Reg Mech is a good program and i know many who have tried it and recommend the program. Reg Mech has never found anything more than Norton Systemworks has on my computer.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am glad that you two who have used the program posted your experiences with it. And you are right I have not used the program, but as you probably know there are quite a few disreputable programs that will scan your system and find all sorts of malware but it will only clean it if you pay for it. Usually it is a fly by night company. I didn't know if this one was for sure or not but it advertises pretty much like the disreputable ones so I made the assumption that there was a good propability that it was. And seeing as how there are a lot of good programs out there I gave my perception of this one, Knowing that ritaann could find one that would demonstrate how it worked without having to buy it first. If I am wrong it probably won't be the last time. But If ask about something, just like you I can only give my opinion.

bigc

7. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

I tried this programme a while back, didn't like it. First, there's bigc's point about having to pay to fix the problems the trial version finds. Then I tested Tuneup Utilities' registry cleaner alongside Registry Mechanic. TUU found many more problems than RM, and the trial version let me correct them all.

8. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Not all reg cleaners are the same. One reg cleaner might find more and the other might not. It's how deep you want your registery cleaned. ut I didn't buy reg mechanic It was a gift from someone I helped (brother in law). :) He bought it for me withput me knowing he was doing it. It was him and my wifes doing.

BigC I understand where you're coming from. There are a few programs out there will harm your computer before it helps fix your computer.

9. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Ritaann. Maybe you would like to view thread below mate. :)

Lots of info in it. :)

Links to different cleaners.

REGISTRY CLEANERS

Cheers, TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.