Refund, please!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yacht_boy, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zintar

Zintar Guest

I did a search and in the first page of matches I found: This thread. Another one that says " I wonder if my installation is corrupted." Another talks of using Acronis to recover his corrupted Windows installation.

One thread asks about corruption on optical media, and a response suggests burning at a lower speed and the original poster reports that that fixed his problem. Another poster is annoyed that Acronis support asked him to disable NAV autoprotect to see if that could be causing his problem - apparently he never tried so we'll never know. Another match is from a happy Acronis user who has never had a corrupted image.

Another one says he used Acronis for the first time after his Windows XP SP2 became corrupted. Another one about an email to Acronis support being corrupted. There's another thread where Acronis TI complains about a backup disk already being corrupted and everyone in the thread notes that they used Ghost on the "corrupted" disk prior to Acronis TI. Acronis support said they're looking in to that. Another was a post explaining to a newbie what Acronis does: for example, rescuing you if your main disk becomes corrupted. Another where someone says he can't make an image because Acronis says his runlist is corrupted on his main disk. Acronis support answer is to do a chkdsk c: /r. No reply from the original poster.

Another where Acronis support answers the question of what would happen if you pull the plug while imaging a disk. Acronis support says the image will be corrupted.

At that point I gave up. There may be a common failure but "corrupted" is just too generic a thing to search for on a backup help forum.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

I do apoplogise for so long delay with the response on this thread.

As far as I can see, there are two problems discussed here:

- DVD-writing capabilities of Acronis True Image
    - Acronis Support Team response

The first problem. I just didn't understand how the trial version of Acronis True Image "specifically promised me that I could burn to DVD". The official information is published here: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/requirements.html

The second problem. This can happen only if either emails from the customer don't arrive to us or emails from us don't arrive to the customer.

yacht_boy, could you please let me know if you received my email (from support@acronis.com with signature of Andrew Berezovsky) sent at Dec the 2nd?

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  3. yacht_boy

yacht_boy Registered Member

Andrew-

Nice to hear from you. I just sent you a PM asking where you were and then checked the status of this post. My apologies for not checking first. I had subscribed successfully to this post initially and was getting daily emails letting me know of responses, but those have not appeared for a few days. I also did not get your email from Dec. 2nd. I will double-check my junk mail settings, although I do not have any filters set up on that account. In the meantime, please cc any responses to my alternate address: J_Turgeon AT msn DOT com. Between the two addresses we should be able to communicate.

As for the DVD-burning capabilities, while I may have overlooked that asterisk on the system requirements page, I am confident that I saw DVD burning mentioned in the trial version of the software. That, not your sysreq page, was what I was referring to. I still feel that if you are to advertise DVD-burning, you should offer it. In this case, it appears that you offer us the ability to make an image which another program must then burn, which is not quite what the system requirements page implies to me. I would interpret that page to mean that it uses third-party software from within the Acronis interface to burn the DVD, just as MusicMatch Jukebox will burn a CD using the Nero engine without forcing me to close one program and open up the other. It is an important distinction, especially since ATI never advised me of the workaround. Instead all I got was a confusing media error. Had you been up front with the methodology for making an image, then booting the machine, starting up Nero, and burning the image, I would have been able to make an informed decision. That info should be right there on that sysreq page and contained in the trial version as well, and it's not.

Next issue: corrupted CD's. This was the one that tipped me over the edge, and you don't mention it. To the poster who asked me to search the image, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you, but I'm a college student going into finals and I really haven't had time to screw around with this non-functional software. All I want is a little security for my OS to save me some headaches in the future. Instead I got more headaches. I will try to find time over the next few days to play with the image and post the results here.

Third issue: slow service. Yup, it's an issue. Can I have my refund, please?

Jason

4. yacht_boy

yacht_boy Registered Member

Update:

Acronis replied to my PM on Dec 2 but I did not receive the email. Refund appears now to be in progress, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Will post again when I receive the funds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.