Redirected Download Page

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Stratman, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stratman

Stratman Guest

I'm attempting to download SpywareBlaster, but my current TrojanstartPage annoyance constantly redirects the page to "searchpage.cc" and I never reach the actual download page. Any help? Thanks.

2. eljay376

eljay376 Registered Member

Come again Stratman.
    Are you saying that you can make it to the Spyware Blaster page, but it is the link that is being hi-jacked?
    How do you get to the Spyware Blaster page if this TrojanstartPage is redirecting you?
    Can't say that Spyware Blaster can rid you of this pest (if it is one?). It is configured to prevent infection in the first place, not removal.
    Sounds to me like you need to download SpyBot S&D if you want some removal capability.
    You could also download HijackThis! if you can get to it and post the log here for the the experts to take a look at.
    SpyBot S&D will show things like Browser Helper Objects (BHO's) which can be responsible for the scenario you describe and will even offer an opinion on whether entries are legitimate or not, but as you are a free agent to download whatever you wish, one man's deliberate download may interpret as SpyBot's enemy, so some HijackThis! log is a good starting point.
    Regards, eljay.

3. eljay376

eljay376 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.