Recuva, Restoration type programs

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Long View, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Have been playing with Recuva and Restoration to remove deleted file refs from
    my hard drives. The problem is that Restoration just takes too long. Right now I have 167 deleted files on C: and 4 on D: Using Restoration it would take 5 hours to clean C: and more tha 24 hours to clean D:

is there a program that can just clean the file refs and no took the empty space ?

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

RESTORATION does a great job at cleaning already deleted files but i agree it can take on my units anywhere from a couple hours to all night long to complete. I second a faster way or program to do the same job myself.

EASTER

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Easter the way that I used Restoration was to use Acronis Disk Director to reduce my 1 TB data drive to 100 gb. Then used Restoration to delete about 55,000 old deleted entries. Finally expanded back to 1 TB. Still took far too long and any not sure if it is worth the trouble. If I could "clean" a drive in say 30 mins then I would do it but all night ? not sure I can be bothered.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Have to agree although i still on some units follow my same old routine. The only way you can avoid such build up i would assume might be the use of a Virtual System like Returnil or other where on reboot everything restores to ground zero again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.