Recurring boot.ini problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by rogerq, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerq

rogerq Registered Member

I don't understand what and how it is happening. A couple of days ago, I noticed that upon boot up, I was receiving the error message of "invalid boot.ini file.

I ran bootcfg scan and rebuild. It could not find or rebuild the boot.ini file.
    I ran Disk Director Sutie 10(latest build). Check disk said that there were file problems and I should run the fix switch. did that. said files were fixed. Rebooted, still no boot.ini file.

Went to the recovery console, restored to an earlier date in which I knew the system was good. Restored the boot.ini file.

Next morning, powered up the system. Same problem again. No boot.ini file. Went to a backup and restored the boot.ini file. Fine for the rest of the day.

Next morning(today), powerup the system. Ground hog day all over again.

Anyone have any idea what and why is/this happening?

I have run AVG everymorning before. No problems found.

Help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rogerq,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected report file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Do you have OS selector installed?

I get this because somehow OS selector gets confused as to which XP install it is pointing to (even though it ought to be the same one), but it always boots Windows.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.