Recurrent Hijackers

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dr_No, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr_No

Dr_No Registered Member

Using SpywareBlaster 3.4, two items "slotchbar.com" and "windupdates.com" regularly exclude themselves from protection of Restricted Sites. When I see this I can check the appropriate boxes, but sure enough, later those boxes will have become unchecked and the entries are in red. How does this happen, and is there anything I can or should do to prevent it? Thanks in advance.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Due to this recent post you made where you said.... "This is similar to my experience (see my post) - but using Adware Filter rather than AdAware"....I am fairly certain what you are seeing is simply a False positive results of an Adware Filter scan.

Also....be advised there is a program called Adware Filter which is listed as one of the many scum bag programs on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products list....which I feel certain your program is.

3. Dr_No

Dr_No Registered Member

Oh dear - bamboozled, not for the first time. Thanks for the info about Adware Filter, very enlightening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.