recovery ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rcbmrb, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

Thanks I went back to your guide and spent more time reading pkus re-read the help files I'm getting more understanding butthe items listed below still confuse me especially the drive letter screen

at restored partion location screen do i check unallocated or the ntfs c:?

at restored partion type chevk logical?

resttored partion size?

logical drive letter?

restore options are defalt I assume?

on the proceed screen it shows 1 tib not all 4

I'm sorry I just want to be sure
    Edit/Delete Message

2. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

You though I was hard of hearing I think you really were frustrated that I instantly did not understand as you do or did not have your high level of expertise so you thought poking a little jab would work rather than trying more understanding. There are more screens after the one you are talking about I don't think they check themselves and too if I make an errant check mark I not you have to fix the result. you get a laugh.

If dealing with those of us who are not on your level of understanding of TI is so frustrating perhaps you should skip over us? Your world obviously is a perfect one with only experts living there good luck in traveling around your world.

Perhaps a disclaimer saying only experts should use these forums saving you frustrating time dealing with the non experts

3. tuttle

tuttle Guest

It would be educational for you to spend time reading ATI's user manual, which is a PDF file. That should be the starting point.

Once you're beginning to understand that, read the helpful user guides that have been created by other users of this forum. You'll see step-by-step processes to perform the functions you'll most often use, which will be a more effective learning experience than asking people here to reply to questions about every step, when good guides already exist.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

On the bottom of each TrueImage screen, there is a help icon. This can be very helpful. This answers many of your questions.

If you go to the link on line 2 of my signature, you will see some additional links labeled as L6 & L6a. These are additional tutorials.

5. tuttle

tuttle Guest

When I do user training, I tell users that F1 is the most underused key on the keyboard, and that it can be very helpful to them. :)

6. rcbmrb

rcbmrb Registered Member

I restored ok but in the process for lack of understanding I turned a 320gb drive into a 26.7gb drive 271gb unallocated. I'm told now I have to reformat and reinstall all the data so much for having good backup software when you need to be an engineer.

Anyway is there a way to backup data progs and reformate then restore?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rcbmrb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that you can resize partitions to fit new drive size during the restore operation. Please see chapter 6 "Restoring the backup data" (particularly, paragraph 6.3.:cool: of Acronis True Image 11 Home User's Guide, or the third link in GroverH's signature for details.

If you aren't sure what choices to make on some screen of a wizard, it's recommended to check the respective chapter of a User's Guide, or use context help of the respective screen of the wizard.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.