Recovery Won't start

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Chocomel, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chocomel

Chocomel Registered Member

Hey,
    Im using Acronis True Image Home 11.0 on both my desktop and my laptop, but when i try to to restore a partition on my laptop, the linix kernel loads but hangs at the stage which the logo appears and says "Loading, please wait..."
    The _ keeps blinking but never happends.
    My laptop is a fujitsu siemens amilo Xa2528 running vista 32.
    I validated the image file and it seems to be ok.
    I tried booting with the image but that had the same effect as booting from the program in windows.
    Help would be appreciated.
    Greetings
    Michel

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chocomel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you are not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Starting the backup in windows initates a reboot into linux. Using the ATI bootCD boots directly into linux. ATI restores run under linux. It's this use of linux that's causing you probs -- even though windows has drivers to handle your hardware, some of the linux drivers (or the linux engine) can't.
    See note below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.