Recovery Disk for Backup & Recovery 2010 Free Advanced

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by otisalex, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisalex

otisalex Registered Member

Yes, it is a paid version. No, it is not a comparison. Easeus Partition Master is a partition utility. My OP is regarding the Paragon Backup & Recovery Imaging utility. It was suggested by Mech An, above, that the reason for the failure of the Paragon program to create bootable media was related to an incompatibility of my hardware with a linux-based CD. The fact that the linux-based CD for the Easeus program works confirms that this is not the case.

2. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

Then please notice : "Tips: Linux-based bootable CD/DVD CANNOT support hardware RAID, GPT disk and CANNOT resize Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 system partition"
    And that the "Easeus Partition Master professional" offers you the possibility to create WIN PE boot discs instead ....

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

LOL.

The answer is quite simple.

Paragon construct their Linux boot disc in a particular way, using a particular Linux Kernel.

It works for most systems , but not all.

Acronis also construct their Linux boot disc, in their own way , using perhaps a different Linux Kernel.

Again , the Acronis Linux works for most systems - but not all.

It just so happens the Acronis Linux construct works for you - the Paragon one doesn't.

It might have been the other way round.

The big difference - as Fiat Lux points out - is that WinPe boot media is much better.

Paragon paid products include premade WinPe3 boot media.

Acronis does not. You can pay an extra $30 for the Acronis plus pack - you still don't get the winpe3 media provided.

You get a program that you can use to make it - but you need to download the 1.7gb WAIK from MS and make it yourself.

The other big difference is the support.

Paragon support is the best I have come across by some margin.

4. silverring

silverring Registered Member

Hallo to all,

I was just looking for an answer how I can use the back up image I have created with Paragon free version. I have never done it before and need to be sure that in case I need it so it works. In manual I haven’t found any Recovery disk possibility to create for Windows (I have got XP and W7 on laptops and Vista on Pc). There is only mentioned Linux and it is also confirmed in this thread.

Can anyone explain please how I can use the back up image stored in external hard drive? I suppose I need to create some recovery CD to be able to start PC in safe mode should any problem occur (that’s the whole reason to do the back up image…)

Thanks a lot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.