Recovery boot CD not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by markw10, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markw10

markw10 Registered Member

I have a laptop that I have been doing a complete hard drive backup using True Image 9.0. I have never had to do a recovery with this program on any computer but recently the computer developed a few odd programs such as when I shut down it locks up and I have to remove the battery for a boot up. There are other driver issues, etc. and I don't know what got damaged, whether it's a driver, etc. but to make a long story short I decided to do a complete restore from my backup.
    Well I haven't tried to do a restore after booting up but figured it's best to use my boot CD. Well I get into it and select the complete or full option that it suggests for all drivers, etc. but then after it goes to the black screen saying acronis after the blue screen is gone it locks up and does nothing else.
    I have as well tried the 2nd option, partial or whatever, the safe mode, and it does boot up into the recover screen but at that time it only allows me to view the C drive (the hard drive). It won't even view the cd drive but I assume it's that maybe not all the drivers, etc. are loaded so that I can use the cd drive.
    Is it necessary to use a boot disk that is created on the computer that you are recovering? This cd was made on another computer but since I'm still able to get into the computer I did make a new boot cd on that specific computer but it still won't work right.
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello markw10,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that the 'Full' version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home Bootable Rescue CD is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers for a wide variety of modern hardware devices. In other words, Bootable Rescue CD is hardware independent and therefore can be created on any computer.

Please also note that the most probable reason for the problem you experience is a lack of the appropriate drivers for some of the hardware devices installed in your computer.

We therefore recommend that you make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3677.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, boot your computer from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home then please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help either then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home once more and press 'F11' key when the selection screen advising you to choose either 'Full', 'Safe' or 'Boot into Windows' option appears;

- After you get the 'Linux Kernel Settings' prompt, please remove the 'quiet' word, click on the OK button and choose the 'Full' option;

- As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

P.S. Please also note that a possible workaround is to use bootable CD created using Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE allowing you to boot the computer into a Windows-like environment loading the appropriate drivers for any hardware devices installed in your computer at startup.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.