Recovering an Acer laptop using a restore DVD

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by edward44, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edward44

edward44 Registered Member

Hi,

Sorry for asking questions on this thread.. new to forums not sure how to start a new one?

Can anyone help me?

I have an Acer aspire 5630 laptop the HDD failed I have the restore DVD
    it boots Ok and asks to format the drive it does this in 2 -5 seconds then it takes 100 mins to restore the HDD but the PC will not boot.
    Created the restore disk at first switch on but never used it before.

I'm not sure how to restore from the DVD .. do I need to switch off D2D in the bios... will the restore disk create the same parttitions on the new drive like they were when I purchased the laptop without me doing anything other than running the restore disk will it put the PQSERVICE partition back on the new drive?

The new HDD is the same type as the old one 97GB
    the original had several partitions C:/ 43GB D:/Acerdata 44GB and a hidden partition called PQSERVICE

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

When you're viewing the list of Threads, look at the top left ... there's a button called New Thread. If that DVD is the Acer restore dvd, all you need to do is boot with it and it will prompt you through the rest.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.