Recover Password From Giveaway

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by EatingCookies, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EatingCookies

EatingCookies Registered Member

A few weeks ago I participated in a giveaway and got a six month license for NOD32. I was already using BETA6 but I decided to enter it into NOD32 anyways. I want to go to the stable release of NOD32, but I don't know how to keep my username and password. Is there a way to back them up?

2. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

So far as I have experienced over the years, every time you install a new version of NOD32, you have to re-enter your username and password. There's no way to back those up. You can, however, back up your settings, as you probably already know.

3. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

i am not sure if you can recover the asterix for the password field. but if you export settings your key+pass is saved for import.

4. Hollowstriker

Hollowstriker Registered Member

@EatingCookies
    You can recover the password by "exploiting" the bug that exists in the activation form. Just follow the instructions as described here, and you'll have the username and password recovered in no time:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2057876

@Brummel Your post reminded me of the above bug that was reported a while ago (and still has not been fixed).

5. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

Of course you are right. I had been removing NOD32 completely and doing fressh installs and not even importing settings for the last few times I did this since 5.0 was released. The exported settings contain the licensing information so the key and password would be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.